At Center Fresh Group, egg safety is our first priority. As egg consumers ourselves, we know how important it is that the food we feed our families and yours is safe. That's why all of us at Center Fresh Group are committed to ongoing innovation and adopting the practices and food safety technologies that ensure the eggs and egg products we offer our customers meet the highest standards for safety and quality.
In addition to following the food safety regulations and guidelines designed by both state and federal agencies, including the specific egg safety rule developed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the food safety standards developed by the U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), Center Fresh Group is also proud to implement:
- a comprehensive flock health program and on-farm safety measures designed to protect our birds, employees and eggs
- a comprehensive Salmonella enteriditis (SE) prevention program, including testing and vaccination
- the FDA's Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program to ensure egg safety during processing
- on-site U.S. Department of Agriculture verification that our practices are aligned with food safety standards
- obtaining-third party audits to ensure we meet our own expectations for food safety
- compliance training and compliance officers